“Entanda” is a lovely Luanda word meaning a package which you offer to somebody you love and care about.Located on Mityana road in Kijjudde, 80km from Kampala’s city Centre and about 2hours drive depending on the traffic. Entanda Cultural Centre is a community based organization that offers a wide arrange of fascinating activities.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Entebbe or Kampala at 8am then set off to Mityana district. Upon arrival, below are some of the activities you could engage in during your visit;
- You will receive a warm welcome from the enthusiastic traditional dancers of the Entanda crew where you could involve and dance with them as well. Enjoy the sounds of our local traditional music instruments and also find out more about their original meaning and how they were derived. Enjoy music and drama at its peak!
- Have a buffet of Uganda’s super fresh fruits enough for everyone and a taste of local honey, organic eggs and lots of fruits to carry home.
- Traditional cooking classes where you learn how the local foods are prepared. From harvesting, preparing the food from the banana leaves to serving the hot steamed food in an indigenous setting. Be ready to enjoy a sumptuous lunch (fresh hot luwombo)
- Take an African garden tour where you will see and learn about the various plants in the garden and their medicinal importance. While taking a walk in the garden, do not miss out on the traditional way of warming/ steaming food (the African Oven) which is usually had for breakfast by the farmers.
- Bark cloth making
- Traditional games like rope skipping, swinging and board games.
- Classes on Traditional dressing
- Hunting Expedition (to save wildlife)
- Traditional Kojja and senga talks including visiting the bush (bedroom talks for the ladies)
- village and Forest walks
- we finish our unforgettable Tour with a football match (Entanda vs the visitors)
Prices Per Person
|Number of Persons in a Group
||Cost per Person Sharing in USD